Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Neuromancer" by William Gibson

Neural. Romancer.  Necromancer.  Neuromancer,  Gibson's genre-creating book still holds lots of undiscovered corners for me, and I go back to it's familiar pastures, once in a while.  This time the excuse was the .epub version I got for the iPad Air, and the beautiful rendering of fonts and typography in iOS 7.

I found sentences, and even paragraphs, that I completely missed before.  New plots opened up, that I completely overlooked before, especially in my audio book version listening.  This is the fourth time I am reading "Neuromancer" and only now I completely understand Rio's world, and when he says "when you live here, you live."

Wintermute. Steppin' Razor.  Chiba Night City.  Midnight in Rue Jules Verne.  Maelcum Righteous Dub.  Villa Straylight.  Molly Millions.  Black Leather and Chrome.  Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority.  The Screaming Fist. Console Cowboy.   Tessier-Ashpool.  He never saw Molly again.  

No comments: